235 Los Altos Parkway Sparks, NV 89436
Monday-Friday: 10AM – 8PM
Saturday: 10AM – 7PM
Sunday: 10AM – 6PM
Click our available positions below to learn more and visit our store to apply.
The Sales associate is responsible for representing Home Express Furniture, its products, its services in a professional and caring manner. Sales associates are responsible for building trust, customer engagement. Focusing on details and accuracy, invoicing, customer follow-up and closing sales.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solver problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professionalism internal and external relationships that meet the company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all support departments
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all employees
- Ensure that each customer received outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist with floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and housecleaning.
- Complete understanding of pricing and delivery fees, warrantees and services
- Demonstrates the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in taking of market share from larger competitors
- Must be on-time and ready upon arrival
- Complete all paperwork timely
- Responsible for customer follow-up, complaints, delays, returns, exchanges, restocking fees, out of stock items and delays caused by weather and or damages resulting in shipping, assembly and or delivery schedules based upon route changes and or delays.
- Any other duties as assigned
Ability to stand for 80% of shift, ability to lift 20 lbs.
Education and Training Requirements
To be a Sales Associate, one must possess at least 1 years’ experience in customer service, sales or related field. Graduation from High School and / or GED required.
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, set up deliveries, customer complaints and will work directly with manufactures to resolve warranty, damage items and customer complaints. Responsible for requisition of office supplies, accounts receivable and payable when necessary to pay for in-coming deliveries, expenses, petty-cash purchases and or sales transactions.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will take a message for the sales associate, assistant store manager, manager, general Manager and or President when unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company and forwards to sales staff when applicable.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes furniture publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.) and contracted furniture delivery
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies. Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
- Supervisory Responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience, Associates degree, two years of related experience.
Assist the warehouse Manager in any way possible to make the work assigned, operate smoothly and efficiently, pulling orders, staging items for delivery, loading and unloading trucks, assisting with floor set-up along with constructing furniture in accordance with manufactures specifications.
- Assisting in opening and closing the warehouse each day
- Responsible for cleanliness of your work area, loading area and customer will-call.
- Assist in unloading and loading trucks as needed
- Work Safely, Lift Correctly and operate tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Fill customer orders correctly, promptly and inspect all items before leaving the warehouse. Advise Warehouse Supervisor immediately if damages occur and are located. Document and take pictures of all damages, no exceptions.
- Assist with maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles
- Operate hand trucks, hand tools and company equipment safely and responsibly.
- Must have clean driving record if operating Home Express Furniture’s delivery truck
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to undergo drug screening tests, as required by mgmt.
- Other Duties as assigned.
A furniture Warehouse Worker schedule adjusts to the needs of the company. When necessary, he /she might need to come to work during the weekends. Also, he might need to work longer hours when waiting for a shipment of furniture.
Additional Requirements Physical Requirements:
Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment, Position spends 70% amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing. Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection, Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have clear DMV record, unless is assigned to the warehouse only and is not allowed to operate any Home Express motorized equipment, requiring a driver’s license.
Education and Training Requirements
To be a furniture Warehouse worker, one must possess at least 1 year experience in shipping, receiving, inventory control and or warehouse management. Graduation from High School and / or GED or currently attending high school is required.